Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Training and outreach homepage
Training and outreach
Our qualified and friendly staff are on hand to assist you by telephone, email, face-to-face or online. We provide training in searching the literature, critical appraisal, journal clubs, evidence based practice skills and more. Our fully qualified Librarians are also happy to attend your meetings and provide you with the highest quality evidence for your practice and your colleagues.
- Ask Us - reference services are provided onsite and online to orient you to our services and collections, and assist you with all types of enquiries. You can visit any of the branch libraries, phone us or use one of our online reference forms.
- Evidence Searching - this team offers support to all healthcare staff working in North Somerset who are developing or reviewing clinical guidelines and would like us to undertake a search of the literature to find the latest information.
- Resource Delivery - use this free service to obtain books or journal articles that the library does not hold in its collections.
- Subject Guides - They link you to books, journals, the latest journal articles, websites and other information on a topic.
- Training - free, small group or one-on-one training sessions are delivered in the library, at your work place or online. Training content and schedule can be customised to your needs.